Saturday, February 28, 2009

Episode 7: Audible Anomalies





I've been sitting on this episode for a bit; trying to decide whether or not to publish it as-it was when I first "finished" it, on the night of its creation. Since my microphone woes have not quiiite yet been resolved (though a remedy is fast approaching on the horizon- with the help of UPS ;)), it occurred to me to try something new for a change, and put a little twist in the mix. What exactly? Well, I thought I might let my screen reader speak for me this time, as our temporary show announcer! ^_^ I thought it'd be something neat, new and unique, you know?

But in the end, I decided to go with the advice of a more seasoned podcaster. Therefore, in lieu of letting Jorgan the Electronic Voice Announcer speak up for me (to save you all from having to bear with my cruddy microphone), I chose to re-produce it, w/my own (hopefully pleasing & endearingly oddball) voice. :)

As for the rest of the show's content; a couple of weeks ago I got a "bee in my bonnet" to suddenly make an impromptu, relatively short podcast centered around all of these great bits of music that have not (as yet) fit into any particular show or theme on Eclectica. Therefore, they're the show's "anomalies" as it were. :) -This is NOT so say that these pieces or bands are weird or bizarre or freakish in any negative sense of the words. Not one bit. These artists & their music all rock considerably (otherwise, why the heck would I feature them here??). They are all just so good, their music could go just about anywhere. And thus, mehopes you see my problem. ;)

But I'll let the music speak to you for itself. :)

As always, if you have any thoughts or ideas you might like to relay to me regarding the show, I'd love to hear from you; my rockin' public. :D You can always feel free to contact me (via my new e-mail addy; djselchie@gmail.com) about programming, artists whom you might like to hear featured on Eclectica, etc., or for any other reason if you wish. And musicians, bands, recording artists etc. are (again, as per usual) most welcome to submit their music for potential use on the show. :)

Aaaanyhoo..! All that being said, on to the music!!
I truly hope you enjoy what you hear. ^_^

Hugs to All,
DJ Selchie


Track List

1. Metro Station - California
2. Shanghai Restoration Project - Preface
3. The Silent Treatment - The Secret (Jamie)
4. Death Cab for Cutie - Title and Registration
5. The Sisters 3 - Gremlins
6. Bloc Party - Flux
7. My American Heart - The Shake (Awful Feeling)
8. Deastro - Shaded Forests
9. Wendy and Lisa - Invisible


Many thanks to the artists who made this episode possible by making their music podsafe, Ioda PromoNet, The Podcast Music Network, Ariel Publicity, and the "We Are Not Cool" podcast. ^_^
You guys all rock!!

No comments: